More about the requirements
In addition to the qualifications listed under The Requirements
tab, we're looking for a professional who has:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated confidence, integrity and work ethic
- The ability to manage customer relationships, perceptions, and expectations diplomatically
- The skill to maintain a high energy level and handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload under strict deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in a Lean Construction environment and experience with Variable Refrigerant Flow systems are strong pluses
- A four-year degree in construction management, engineering or business/finance
- Project Management certification (preferred, not required)
- Estimating experience
- Bilingual Spanish would be helpful
We'll expect you to be in the office daily, and we are taking appropriate precautions to ensure everyone's well-being. You’ll generally be in the office from 7-4:30 M-F (though you should have your phone on and available any time job sites are active, which may be as early as 5 am or later into the evening, depending on business needs).
More about the role
You will work closely with the estimator to create a winning bid, then to turn the bid into an executable plan; will work with field operations to ensure the project remains on plan; and will coordinate among all groups to ensure seamless communication throughout the life of the project. If you’re doing your job well, the projects are running efficiently, are completed and closed out in a timely manner, and customers love us so much that they want us on their next job. Most of your time will be spent in the office, coordinating with contractors & vendors, ordering materials, coordinating schedules, etc. Though you may occasionally visit client sites to resolve issues this will be infrequent.
In support of the above goals, some of your specific tasks will be to:
More about your success
- Confidently manage multiple commercial HVAC projects at one time - from beginning to end.
- Develop project schedules, coordinate AMSI employees, subcontractors and suppliers on each project. Assure that all materials, equipment and supplies for the project are ordered and received on time.
- Work seamlessly with your AMSI team of estimators, field operations, project coordinators, and AMSI's Safety Director to meet customer requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and manage (in cooperation with field operations) all facets of the project to deliver it on time and within budget.
- Lead by example and be a liaison that communicates to all internal and external parties involved on the job.
- Effectively use Procore, our project management software, to create, issue and maintain all job documentation – budgets, purchase orders, subcontracts, RFIs, submittals, daily reports, change orders, progress billings, etc.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with key owners, developers and general contractors, and create strong partnerships with select engineers and vendors.
This is a highly entrepreneurial role where you’ll have a great deal of responsibility and autonomy to keep jobs moving. You’ll need to come in with strong HVAC knowledge (ideally some plumbing knowledge also) and project management experience to hit the ground running right from the start. To excel in this role, you will need to be a self-starter, able to manage your time and tasks, able to be decisive, and able to build strong relationships with the team and with our clients.
This is a fast-growing company, and you will basically be running this business unit. You need to be quick to adapt to our technologies and our digital environment. If you’re our ideal candidate, you’ll have high energy, an entrepreneurial spirit, and you’ll always be on the lookout for ways to improve.
There is also a sales aspect to this role. You’ll work hand-in-hand with the Estimator to help create the right bid for prospective clients and will build strong relationships with current customers to convince them to keep coming back to us for future projects.
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, you’re a self-motivated leader, and you want to work with a forward-thinking company that uses leading-edge technology, then send your resume today!
This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: In addition to installing your HVAC system, we can design it from the start to help keep owner build-out costs at a minimum.